Thursday, December 23, 2010

Farewell India...Hello Thailand!

T-minus 4 days and I'm on my way to Thailand for a two-week volunteer program with a Colorado-based organization, Blue Star of Hope: http://bluestarofhope.org/ Here I'll meet up with some of my favorite South Africa friends (from my internship at Botshabelo) and we'll be volunteering alongside others from all over the world (America, UK, Czech Republic, Canada, and Thailand)...to create a cultural exchange and help improve the lives of elephants and Thai children alike! The first week we'll be stationed at an elephant sanctuary...cleaning, feeding, nuturing elephants...and then we'll spend the second week teaching English to children in a small Thai village. I won't lie, I'm REALLY excited and looking forward to this opportunity...but I'll definitely miss India...

Since my last blog entry, I've traveled the whole of the Indian state of Rajasthan with my very best friend Shannon Robb...we had some CRAZY AMAZING adventures along the way...which I'll be sure to write about.

I'm currently staying with this very sweet and super adorable older couple, who are the parents of Shannon's Mom's friend. They have taken me in as if I was their own grandchild...doing my laundry, feeding me, taking me to art galleries, giving me gifts, feeding me, feeding me, feeding me!! I swear...I now don't know which is worse when it comes to feeding their family: Jewish grandmothers or Indian grandmothers!!! Quite possibly a tie...

For now, I'm going to do my best in catching up with my blogs of India (before I leave for Thailand)...so stay tuned!

Merry Christmas to everyone...and happy new year! May your new years be filled with all things good...and may you end this year with reflection and gratitude!

Much love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment